July 24, 2006

 

Dressed to Oppress


Tarzan (© 2003 Les Edwards)

...After all the discussion (what little there was), after all the name-calling, and after all the mud-slinging, it turns out that the entire issue of Hazleton’s immigration ordinance is probably a moot point.
...Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the federal agency that is in charge of deporting illegal immigrants, almost always orders state and local law enforcement to ignore illegal immigrants unless they’re charged with a violent crime or subject of a federal detainer.
...Now I feel as if I’ve wasted valuable blog space on my analysis of semantics from three days ago. I could have been spending more time settling on the right loin cloth pattern for any future super-feminist revolution. Any suggestions?

4 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

I think you should go with the Butterick kilt pattern #803b and the modify it with coordinating loin-cloth fabric and trimmings. You're making me very happy that I brought up the possibility of this super-feminist revolution!

July 24, 2006  
Blogger Chase Edwards Cooper said...

Maybe the black satin that they use on their camisoles with some gold trim for a manly, royal look, while a B4688 Oriental pattern for the weekends.

Now I feel weird for knowing that I actually went to Butterick’s Website.

July 24, 2006  
Blogger amy said...

Dang, I really didn't think you'd fall for that. Too funny.

July 25, 2006  
Blogger Chase Edwards Cooper said...

Don’t tempt me, L.I. I’ve heard horror stories about the IRS that makes the entire immigration issue a walk in the park.

New spouses of ex-spouses having their wages seized for previous marriages; mistakes made by the IRS where they issue fines but don’t repay when it’s discovered that the fines shouldn’t have been levied in the first place; former agents spilling their guts about internal abuses and receiving threats.

I caught a special on A&E about the situation, but it was from the late-1990s. I’m curious to see what kind of stories might be in a 2006 version if they were to make one.

July 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home